Friday 27 May 2011

Kernow and South West

Signed up for this online late one Saturday night after a glass of wine too many. However am now going to be a DNS (Did Not Start) as can feel a cold coming on and don't fancy endless hills for two days. Also I want to be sure to pre-register for Paris Brest Paris which opens on Saturday at midnight for those mere mortals who only did a 200km last season and if I'm on the road I may miss my chance.

In order to add interest to the enrolment, the Audax Club Parisien (ACP), organising body of PBP, have got a system whereby they allow people to register in advance if they can prove they are capable riders, with those who did the longest rides being able to do so considerably in advance - i.e. if you did a 600 last year you could have registered at the beginning of April. Audax UK has about 350 places for PBP and the majority of those have already gone to people who went considerably longer than 200km last season, so I want to be sure to reserve my place tomorrow. Despite assurances that anyone wanting to ride will be able to get a place, I want to be sure.

K&SW seems to be renowned as one of the all time great rides (for 'great' read 'hard') so thought it better not to enter and fail as I'm not feeling great, but to marshal my forces for next week's Denmead 600, which was the original plan anyway before the red wine intervened. So I have been a bit of a pussy and withdrawn, and hope to goodness I don't get struck down with anything serious in the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment