Wednesday 1 June 2011

Man down!

The glorious weather broke just in time for the Bank Holiday weekend, so I gave riding a miss on Saturday, plus which I wasn't feeling 100 percent.

Sunday, just did a quick 35km in an attempt to get the speed up. So the big ride of the weekend was to be Bank Holiday Monday.

The first 30 minutes went fine, bowling along at about 30 kph. Just past Dorchester there was small hill up, followed by the down. Got my speed up to about 50kph. A car came from the left and slowed at the junction to give way to me, I was on the main road with the right of way. Then it sped up again and didn't give way. I screamed at it and swerved to the right where my brakes locked up, my back wheel overtook me and I ended up bouncing off my hip, my elbow and my head in that order. Helmet fractured in three places so need a new one of those. Luckily the woman stopped and gave me her name and address and will get the bill later.

A bit shaken but carried on out to Wareham and Corfe Castle. Must be getting fitter because Creech Hill didn't seem too bad, certainly not as hard as it was last time I did it a couple of years ago when it was granny ring all the way.

A good run back, 100 km total.

No comments:

Post a Comment