Friday 22 October 2010

Three on the trot

Rode into work three days running, which I was pleased about. Total of 90 miles. Tried to vary the route each day as otherwise it's going to be a long and repetitive winter.

My rack bag is not the best - probably OK for a randonee but no good for this. When I get to town I go to the sports centre and have a swim and shower (we don't have a shower at work) so as well as swimming trunks and towel I have my work clothes, as well as extras like bike lock, my wallet and phone. It's just not quite big enough. However it's more comfortable than carrying it on my back.

On the way home tonight I went a longer route and got to try my lights properly. On the front is a Cateye which is not too bad, but I'm not sure about battery lights generally. It's easier not to look into the bright circle in the middle but into the ring around it, which also shows up the sides of the road which is handy.

It was lovely riding in the dark, just the whirr of the tyres on the tarmac and no cars along the quiet road. Just peace and a steady pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment